Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's Time

It's here! It's time to head back to New York...and this time Hank will have surgery! Can't believe it's already time. After months of preparation and fundraisers, we are now ready. And so not ready. Mentally, I know this is the best thing for Hank. But emotionally... not there yet.

I've tucked all the kids in for bed. Heartbreaking to know that when Lucy and Charlie wake up in the morning, we will already be in the air. I don't want to go. It's all so surreal...
And so I go to bed tonight with a heavy heart and mixed emotions... and in the morning, I will shrug these feelings off for Hank's sake, and join him in this exciting journey!

The outpouring of support and love for Hank at our fundraiser last night was incredible! So many friends and people from our community who are touched by Hank's story. The BCS cheerleaders came out and said a cheer for Hank. We...will...pray...for...you! And at the end they yelled..."Go Hank"! Hank was glowing! And he applauded louder than anyone else in the room! I looked around at the other moms and we all had tears glistening in our eyes! It was a great night and the perfect way to send Hank off! Thanks to all involved!

That's it for now. I need to get a few hours sleep before we go. Flight leaves at 7:22 am! Pre-op testing is Monday morning and surgery is Thursday, July 2nd at 7:30am Eastern time. I will keep you posted. No turning back now... we are on our way...!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cheereleaders too! Go Hank!! Quite the little ladies man!

    I wish you guys the best on your trip. And please know you are in our thoughts and prayers here at LISI.

    ReplyDelete